Remove No Arrest After Criminal Is Revived Rule

Josh aka Spike

What you want to see? - I would like to see the rule stating that a criminal cannot be arrested after dying and revived to be removed.

Why should we add it? - After having this rule implemented nearly 3 months now, this did not help the server. I understand the purpose of this rule and it's supposed to add realism. However, it has not added any extra realism to the server. In fact, it's most likely decreased the amount of realism on the server. Now people can get away with shooting police officers and having no punishment for that whatsoever. Government are starting to do less and less rp such as traffic stops due to this rule. Police try to pull someone over, suspect flees or pulls over. They get out the car and shoot the cops, ultimately killing at least one officer. The suspect is killed and wait for EMS to arrive. Suspect gets revived, goes back in their car and drives off.  That's the end of that 'roleplay scenario'. I'd understand if this occurred every so often just like real life. But 95% of all roleplay with criminals ends with a shooting. People will rob the bank/gen stores and shoot cops and die. To do the exact same thing minutes later and repeat the process. Not only does this make it extremely frustrating for government as we keep getting shot randomly. It adds no incentive to be nice and actually RP with government when you can just die and go on with the rest of your day like nothing happened. This rule was made to make the server better, but I feel after months in-place. It actually does not do what it's original purpose intended. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Reduce the amount of minges/rdms on police officers now there is punishments. Help balance government and criminals better. Introduce and incentive to RP scenarios out more rather than dying to avoid punishment. 

Who is it mainly for? - All of PRP

Links to any content - N/A

+Support 

1. If ems defibrillated someone they were brought back to life it’s not like they start over as a baby again. 

2. All it does is encourages shoot outs since there is really no punishment (you keep guns and spend 10 seconds in a hospital). 

3. To add more realism makes no sense. You think if doctors save someone involved in a shootout that they would just let the guy go and say well you died temporarily so your actions don’t mean anything now! You have a new life!  

2 minutes ago, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

No ems has been following this rule at all

Crims break FearRp because of this rule all the time.

Then BSI would be useful again

The judge class would have more cases

Adds RP

Not every situation would end in a shootout 

52 minutes ago, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

Reasons above

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

+support

This rule took away like 90% of investigations investigative units were doing too.  It would help us in BSI a lot to get it changed back

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

When I’m going to arrest people and they just pull a gun, because if they die then they don’t go to jail. Now on the plus side it has increased maj crime levels (more robberies and kidnappings) because people have no punishment if they get the money and die. 

Edited by [GL]October(FATH)
Grammar

22 minutes ago, Dane said:

+Support

I was just thinking this xD

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

12 hours ago, -Unknown- said:

+Support

Would increase roleplay by a LOT as people will acctually value their lives instead of getting themselves killed all the time. I know it's semi serious RP but I feel there currently is no RP side to the server really.

MilitaryRP Trial Mod|CERT/Trooper SGT|PD SM

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~Lao Tzu

-Support

Realism isn't GamingLight specialty, especially while other servers have far more realism than you can ever suggest. Like for me, I came on this server for semi-serious not seriousRP.

Now would you as criminal enjoy waiting for EMS for approx 1.5min to 2min to be revived then get jail. Then having to pull you out of the base for good 3 mins. Then have you send to jail for 10mins? I'm going say no for all. No one enjoys it.

Police don't enjoy it and I can tell you why they don't. Because NONE OF THEM RP EITHER.  Yes that is right no one RP arrest either. They just throw criminals in jail and guess what nothing improve. As matter of fact, it actually decreases police force because it causes fewer actions for police. As for BSI they interrogated some criminals. IDK why they complaining now.

Reason why none of this works because one  missing element that should be CENTER of PoliceRP

COURT RP/ JUDGE RP

NO JUDGE/ COURT RP then there isn't any point of this rule removed. I suggest gaminglight rework the judge nad make the judge a serious thing for this server. If NOT then DONT even bother adding this rule back. Because police don't RP much if this rule gets added back. Nothing will improve. It just makes everything worst.

Less action = less in need of police force.

Less police force = more criminals. Don't you guys remember what happened 3 months ago? On 80 people you guys barely get 10 police LOL

Edited by Kim Yo Suk

+Support
I feel like this would help increase roleplay once again
Currently people don't want to spend 10 minutes in jail so they will just gun down anyone

Overall i feel like this rule has decreased the amount of role-playing all departments do and now its just a gun fight every 3 minutes

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

19 hours ago, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

I thought that was a thing because I got revives by cert and didnt get arrested but it would DEFINITELY make BSI useful

2 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

-Support

Realism isn't GamingLight specialty, especially while other servers have far more realism than you can ever suggest. Like for me, I came on this server for semi-serious not seriousRP.

Now would you as criminal enjoy waiting for EMS for approx 1.5min to 2min to be revived then get jail. Then having to pull you out of the base for good 3 mins. Then have you send to jail for 10mins? I'm going say no for all. No one enjoys it.

Police don't enjoy it and I can tell you why they don't. Because NONE OF THEM RP EITHER.  Yes that is right no one RP arrest either. They just throw criminals in jail and guess what nothing improve. As matter of fact, it actually decreases police force because it causes fewer actions for police. As for BSI they interrogated some criminals. IDK why they complaining now.

Reason why none of this works because one  missing element that should be CENTER of PoliceRP

COURT RP/ JUDGE RP

NO JUDGE/ COURT RP then there isn't any point of this rule removed. I suggest gaminglight rework the judge nad make the judge a serious thing for this server. If NOT then DONT even bother adding this rule back. Because police don't RP much if this rule gets added back. Nothing will improve. It just makes everything worst.

Less action = less in need of police force.

Less police force = more criminals. Don't you guys remember what happened 3 months ago? On 80 people you guys barely get 10 police LOL

I think this is mostly to stop the gun fights every 5 mins but I do see where you are coming from

Edited by Hannah King

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

On 8/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

Banned from Signatures - Valk - DNR - 11/25/17

On 8/12/2018 at 4:17 PM, -Unknown- said:

+Support

Would increase roleplay by a LOT as people will acctually value their lives instead of getting themselves killed all the time. I know it's semi serious RP but I feel there currently is no RP side to the server really.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, Rhenic said:

+support

People just whip out a gun to get shot and avoid prison.

On 8/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, Injoker said:

+Support 

1. If ems defibrillated someone they were brought back to life it’s not like they start over as a baby again. 

2. All it does is encourages shoot outs since there is really no punishment (you keep guns and spend 10 seconds in a hospital). 

3. To add more realism makes no sense. You think if doctors save someone involved in a shootout that they would just let the guy go and say well you died temporarily so your actions don’t mean anything now! You have a new life!  

On 8/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

MASSIVE PLUS  SUPPORT +++++++++++++++++++++++

PLEASE DO THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

MAKES RP MORE FUN

ADDS MORE RP TO POLICE

MAKES WHERE PEOPLE DONT GET OFF SCOT FREE

YOU CAN STILL IMPLEMENT THE HOSPITAL

I MISS THIS SO MUCH

MAKES THE GAME BETTER IN GENERAL

Guest eXtro3
On 8/12/2018 at 11:13 AM, WreckedInRuinz said:

+support

• Fame locked this topic