Something I think is important.

olivercrowe

After taking a week break, as I was away somewhere, I came back to the server hoping to help the community and moderate here and there. 

Not long after getting on duty, I come across a player who was quite sad. For about half an hour, maybe longer, I was with him helping him, Just talking. I realise that this is something that happens on the community, whether it be from toxic behaviour from others in the community, or something inevitable. This isnt exactly rare, however people often dont see it, and escalate the situation or just leave them. 

I think, as members of the community, we all have a duty to help someone in there time of need. Something that many people would never dream of doing. I think the GamingLight staff team does alot to help, especially the counsellors, however, I think sometimes the community must step up. Just stopping, bringing them to one side and asking whats wrong, "Can I help you? "

I understand this isnt my normal post, but I believed it was important to make. In this day and age, Depression and other mental illnesses are not uncommon, nor is self-harm. Even if you don't think its a big deal, for someone else it may be.  I hope the community agrees with me, and we can make a difference. 

- Chris Jenson,

Donor Moderator

Edited by olivercrowe

Well said.

• Like 1

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png