IAmSoul

Adding /roll to the server

Should this be added?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added?

• Yes (Explain Why)
    • No (Explain Why)

10 posts in this topic

Basically, when a server the /me system implemented, IT IS USELESS WITHOUT THE /roll.

To the that do not understand what a /roll is, I will explain.

A /roll is an RNG based system that decides whether the action(/me) that you enacted succeed. Per example. 

(/me uses a bovie pen to cauterize the blood vessels)

"Soul uses a bovie pen to cauterize the blood vessels"

(/roll)

"Soul rolls 47-100 (Max of 100)"   <----- I just rolled 47, which is under than 50, so I fail. Failing means that the action that I had performed was flawed. So I either have to re-do it or do something else.
If the roll was above 50, so per example, 72. Then the action would have worked, and I could have continued with the operation.

/roll is mandatory as it forces the player to make split second decisions on what to do and what not to do, also, It creates many RP scenarios that were never before thought possible.

This could also birth combat-RP training within regiments, which could be added as a bonus PT/requirement when joining a battalion.

Currently, the /me system on its own is a steal. I could powergame all I want and finish RP situations in a split second, WHICH KILLS THE FUN.
I would like this to be added because it not only increases RP, but also makes it way more fun for players to not know what could happen as it is RNG based. This makes it fair for ALL players and makes MEDICAL RP WAAAAAY MORE FUN.

Please please please ADD THIS

Possible Mod (There are a ton on the workshop) : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516377504

CARDS MEGA APPROVED

-ARC Brigadier General Cards-

• Like 1

+Support

That is a great idea for when we have a hostage situation, we could persuade the person with the hostage to let the hostage go, if we get like a 64, the hostage gets to be let go only on minor terms, if you roll a 38 the hostage has a high chance of being Killed or the Demands get a higher list like instead of 20k GC, its 200k GC,

That could Also go very well with Med RP when you are losing a Patient to Cardiac arrest, you can use the defibrillators to get his Heart beating again, if its a 98, he is stable condition, if ifs like a 41, he dies.

There is so much more I'd like to say but it would be too long

Edited by Admiral Zoidbar

22 hours ago, Admiral Zoidbar said:

+Support

That is a great idea for when we have a hostage situation, we could persuade the person with the hostage to let the hostage go, if we get like a 64, the hostage gets to be let go only on minor terms, if you roll a 38 the hostage has a high chance of being Killed or the Demands get a higher list like instead of 20k GC, its 200k GC,

That could Also go very well with Med RP when you are losing a Patient to Cardiac arrest, you can use the defibrillators to get his Heart beating again, if its a 98, he is stable condition, if ifs like a 41, he dies.

There is so much more I'd like to say but it would be too long

Guar told me it is already pending for updates a week ago! I have been asking for this for a bit now so definitely +Supp