Your Rights as a Rockford Citizen

Wolfgangg

Good morning ladies and gentlemen of Gaminglight! Recently while playing on the server I noticed that some people are unaware of their rights not only just on the server, but also in real life. The first 10 United States amendments are called the "Bill of Rights" for a reason and they are supposed to protect you, and I figured since this is an in-depth roleplay server it would greatly enhance the players' roleplay experience to be able to exercise these rights. So here are a simplified version of them created by the American Civil Liberties Union(ACLU) that I hope you can apply to the server.

*The astricts represent the ones that can be most commonly applied to the server and the ones I see most commonly infringed upon

*AMENDMENT 1?
(The Mayor)Congress can’t make any law that:

Favors one religion over another religion, or no religion at all, or opposes any religion;
Stops you from practicing your religion as you see fit;
*Keeps you from saying whatever you want, even if you are criticizing the President of the United States;
Prevents newspapers, magazines, books, movies, radio,  television or the internet from  presenting any news, ideas, and opinions that they choose;
*Stops you from meeting peacefully for a demonstration or protest to ask the government to change something.

AMENDMENT 2
(The Mayor)Congress can’t stop people from having and carrying weapons.-Exept for specific MOTD rules regarding certain weapons

AMENDMENT 3
You don’t have to let soldiers live in your house, except if there is a war, and even then Congress needs to pass a law and set the rules.

*AMENDMENT 4
Nobody can search your body, or your house, or your papers and things unless they can prove to a judge that they have a good reason for the search.

AMENDMENT 5
Except during times of war or if you are in the military:

You can’t be tried for any serious crime without a Grand Jury meeting first to decide whether there’s enough evidence against you for a trial;
If at the end of a trial, the jury decides you are innocent, the government can’t try you again for the same crime with another jury;
You  cannot be forced to admit you are guilty of a crime and if you choose not to, you don’t have to say anything at your trial at all;
You can’t be killed, or put in jail, or fined, unless you were convicted of a crime by a jury and all of the proper legal steps during your arrest and trial were followed; and
The government can’t take your house or your farm or anything that is yours, unless the government pays for it at a fair price.

*AMENDMENT 6 (Only when there is a judge and a legal team on)
If you are arrested and charged with a crime:

You have a right to have your trial soon and in public, so everyone knows what is happening;
The case has to be decided by a jury of ordinary people from where you are, if you wish;
You have the right to know what you are accused of doing wrong and to see and hear and cross-examine the people who are witnesses against you;
You have the right to a lawyer to help you. If you cannot afford to pay the lawyer, the government will.

*AMENDMENT 7
You also have the right to a jury when it is a civil case (a law case between two people rather than between you and the government).

*AMENDMENT 8
The government can’t make you pay more than is reasonable in bail or in fines, and the government can’t inflict cruel or unusual punishments (like torture) even if you are convicted of a crime.

AMENDMENT 9
Just because these rights are listed in the Constitution doesn’t mean that you don’t have other rights too.

AMENDMENT 10
Anything that the Constitution doesn’t say that (The Mayor)Congress can do, is left up to the states and to the people.

Edited by Agustus Jones
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, olivercrowe said:

Im British. 

We follow a thing called human rights, and dont have 'Ammendamentsnsnnsn' 

oof

I am Canadian, we have Human rights also and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. While I get this is a USA RP server it would be confusing for me lol

I use our countries 'Stop and Search' powers all the time in RP. 

A police officer has powers to stop and search you if they have ‘reasonable grounds’ to suspect you’re carrying:

• illegal drugs
  • a weapon
  • stolen property

something which could be used to commit a crime, such as a crowbar

You can only be stopped and searched without reasonable grounds if it has been approved by a senior police officer. This can happen if it is suspected that:

• serious violence could take place
  • you’re carrying a weapon or have used one
  • you’re in a specific location or area

Throw in also a breach of the peace and you can deal with a lot of situations lawfully.

Edited by Josh H-Y.

6 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

I use our countries 'Stop and Search' powers all the time in RP. 

A police officer has powers to stop and search you if they have ‘reasonable grounds’ to suspect you’re carrying:

• illegal drugs
  • a weapon
  • stolen property

something which could be used to commit a crime, such as a crowbar

You can only be stopped and searched without reasonable grounds if it has been approved by a senior police officer. This can happen if it is suspected that:

• serious violence could take place
  • you’re carrying a weapon or have used one
  • you’re in a specific location or area

Throw in also a breach of the peace and you can deal with a lot of situations lawfully.

Reasonable grounds

- "A set of facts or circumstances that would cause an ordinary, cautious or prudent person to have a strong belief that goes beyond mere suspicion"

As for being searched without Reasonable grounds in Canada if you are in an area that your residence is nowhere near at 3am and you do not have a good alibi they can legally detain and search you. If they search you and find equipment that is considered "break and enter" tools then you can be charged with that as well even if they didn't FIND you committing the crime.

Law is only fun when its regarding the Police, other law is just boring af lol

16 hours ago, Friendly Steve said:

I am Canadian, we have Human rights also and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. While I get this is a USA RP server it would be confusing for me lol

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

23 hours ago, Agustus Jones said:

AMENDMENT 2
(The Mayor)Congress can’t stop people from having and carrying weapons.

You must still follow the MOTD rules however,

Class 1 (Legal)

Any Semi-Auto Pistol (Other than Desert Eagle/Revolver/Tec9/CZ75)

Class 2 (Illegal) - Legal with License- Min Arrest time 3mins

Any Submachine Gun

Desert Eagle/Revolver

Class 3 (Illegal)- Min Arrest time 6 mins

Any Suppressed Weapons (Include Pistols/Tec9/CZ75)

Assault Rifle

Shotgun

Class 4 (Illegal) - Min Arrest time 10 mins

Machine guns

Sniper Rifles

Auto-Sniper Rifle

Explosive Device/Any Grenade’

9 hours ago, Jeffe said:

You must still follow the MOTD rules however,

Class 1 (Legal)

Any Semi-Auto Pistol (Other than Desert Eagle/Revolver/Tec9/CZ75)

Class 2 (Illegal) - Legal with License- Min Arrest time 3mins

Any Submachine Gun

Desert Eagle/Revolver

Class 3 (Illegal)- Min Arrest time 6 mins

Any Suppressed Weapons (Include Pistols/Tec9/CZ75)

Assault Rifle

Shotgun

Class 4 (Illegal) - Min Arrest time 10 mins

Machine guns

Sniper Rifles

Auto-Sniper Rifle

Explosive Device/Any Grenade’

My apologies, I should have clarified what that specifically meant regarding the MOTD and certain firearms. To be clear, in-game this would mean that the mayor could not ban the use of all firearms but that does not by anyway mean that one is allowed to have illegal weapons.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:05 PM, Kade said:

Amendment 11 FOLLOW THE MOTD

Just to help you better understand, the bill of rights is a set of amendments that protect people from being treated unfairly by our government rather than a series of rules such as our MOTD.

Edited by Agustus Jones

32 minutes ago, Agustus Jones said:

Just to help you better understand, the bill of rights is a set of amendments that protect people from being treated unfairly by our government rather than a series of rules such as our MOTD.

I don't need to better understand. Citizens have the right to Follow the MOTD. They should excersize that right.

Why is this even a post ? Just read the MOTD that is your rights on GL servers!

• Like 1

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Kade said:

I don't need to better understand. Citizens have the right to Follow the MOTD. They should excersize that right.

The hostile nature of your comment is unwarranted, I have personally studied the American Goverment for the past two years of my life and your knowledge of the United States Amendments are lacking and is straying the conversation away from the original purpose of this post. I posted this so the young and older players on our server can amplify their roleplay experience by not only learning how to defend their rights in-game but also in real life if the time ever comes to it. As well as the fact it’s a wonderful way to deter police from abusing their powers and “Rockford Citizens” from being wrongfully deprived of their rights without staff intervention. Nothing in my post states or insinuates to not follow the MOTD as they are the laws for our community. 

Edited by Agustus Jones
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Agustus Jones said:

The hostile nature of your comment is unwarranted, I have studied American Goverment for the past two years of my life and your knowledge of the United States Amendments are lacking and is straying the conversation away from the original purpose of this post. I posted this so the young and older players on our server can amplify their roleplay experience by not only learning how to defend their rights in-game but also in real life if the time ever comes to it. As well as the fact it’s a wonderful way to deter police from abusing their powers and “Rockford Citizens” from being wrongfully deprived of their rights without staff intervention. Nothing in my post states or insinuates to not follow the MOTD as they are the laws for our community. 

lol. Just a silly post bro. It was a joke. If you don't know me I try to be funny. Now I'm sorry I hurt your feeling MR. American Government. I will just leave this post and not come back.....unless you quote me.