GoogleChrome

Map Rotation System

19 posts in this topic

What do you want to see? - Create a system where every 4 to 6 hours super admin+ would swap maps to provide different experience instead of a constant experience on one map.

Why should we add it? - Personally from what i can see our player base leave the server mainly because it's the same old battle in the same old battle in the same old field. If we were to implement this system of switching the map every 4 or 6 hours we might just be able to keep or grow our player base because then they'd experience new things each time they'd go out into the battlefield instead of just constantly being on maps which are just : flat ass desert, Sniper mania, crowded ass forest.

[Note: I'm only assuming props won't be an issue because when swrp switches maps the props for that map are usually still there]

What are the advantages of having this? - It makes the game more interesting and not just a repetitive battle in the same field.

Who is it mainly for? Everyone

Links

(I got the idea from swrp so I'm not sure how well it would work on mrp)

Hello Google,

I think that every 4-6 hours might be a little much. Maybe just once per each map reset as every 4-6hours would problely impact Military RP negatively.

-/+ support

I think it is great we have a variety of maps to go back and forth to have a more well rounded playerspace but I only see one flaw

What if there is no superadmin+ on?

1 hour ago, GoogleChrome said:

What do you want to see? - Create a system where every 4 to 6 hours super admin+ would swap maps to provide different experience instead of a constant experience on one map.

superadmins have a life too, they shouldn't be on for 4,6 or more hours just to change a map, i would suggest having it automated and randomized.

Just now, SayaJin said:

-/+ support

I think it is great we have a variety of maps to go back and forth to have a more well rounded playerspace but I only see one flaw

superadmins have a life too, they shouldn't be on for 4,6 or more hours just to change a map, i would suggest having it automated and randomized.

I would like it to be automated if so that would be great but i didn't think that was possible and if it is you could be in the middle of a match and the map could change. I did super admin+ because it sorta made sense to me since they're highly trusted compared to a regular admin

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GoogleChrome said:

I would like it to be automated if so that would be great but i didn't think that was possible and if it is you could be in the middle of a match and the map could change. I did super admin+ because it sorta made sense to me since they're highly trusted compared to a regular admin

It's not about trust if you are changing maps, for that you need to be active, as a long time player of GL I could say that not a lot of superadmins are active on servers. I might be wrong but from experience I am right.

Edited by SayaJin

This would be a huge hassle, and the new map is forest so we’d need to change skins from desert to forest every rotation....,

+support

would attract more players

playing on one map eventually gets boring

could make it automated so we don't need high ranking staff on

On 8/7/2018 at 7:06 AM, jrandomthoughtYT said:

WHY

Because the maps we have get boring after a while

On 8/2/2018 at 1:31 AM, Mr_Wafflz_O said:

This would be a huge hassle, and the new map is forest so we’d need to change skins from desert to forest every rotation....,

Could be cool but there are too many variables in my opinion, As said the new map will be different, It may have different skins (i don't know if that is planned or not so I say may) in which case that would have be swapped each time, As well as you would either have to automate it which could be inconvenient at times if there is an event going on or it is mid war or something and it just swaps maps, Or you would have to have high ranking staff on to change the map which would be an inconvenience to them, It would also be more difficult for new players to learn the map because they would have to learn multiple maps at one time, The DBs would have to be changed  to match or you would have 2 different types of DBs making it confusing, And overall there are pros and cons, But it just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

We are getting a new map soon hopefully that'll be amazing!

+/- Support

If this was ever implemented it should be like every other week or every other day. 4-6 Hours is too much! Also I am sure Zeeptin could make it where maps would automatically switch at set times and it would removed the need of having a staff member online to do it. The biggest issue here is that what if a problem occurs with the map saves and the props all disappear in the middle of the night?

2 minutes ago, Gustard said:

+/- Support

If this was ever implemented it should be like every other week or every other day. 4-6 Hours is too much! Also I am sure Zeeptin could make it where maps would automatically switch at set times and it would removed the need of having a staff member online to do it. The biggest issue here is that what if a problem occurs with the map saves and the props all disappear in the middle of the night?

They're permanent props and permanent textscreen, that means that even if the map changes it will still be there, for example SWRP, and I don't think that will ever happen unless Zeeptin completely whip everything,removes the map from the server or does a host change.

2 minutes ago, ?«G§A» Senior|Doom said:

They're permanent props and permanent textscreen, that means that even if the map changes it will still be there, for example SWRP, and I don't think that will ever happen unless Zeeptin completely whip everything,removes the map from the server or does a host change.

Trust me, I know that they are permanent props.. but this is Garrysmod. Nothing is ever 100% reliable 100% of the time. 

If perma prop fails i'm not sure if this would work but you could use the save game tool and reload the map in question's props should they disappear. then again I don't own a server so i wouldn't even know if this works for multiplayer

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, SayaJin said:

-/+ support

On 8/1/2018 at 3:56 PM, SayaJin said:

-/+ support

CLOSED

New Map.