Your Age Within the Community

Carpenter John

Recently, I have witnessed and encountered many occurrences of people being targeted or made fun of due to their age or voice.

This is a problem. I am making this post to enlighten and give confidence to the younger players of Gaminglight. On a daily basis whenever handling minor staff situations and so on, I have people asking for my age and how the hell I got into staff, better yet being a Superadmin. I personally have been able to move past it due to it being such a common occurrence but for others it could be different. The thing I love about this community is that it is getting much better. People are starting to accept each other much more. 

The morale of this post is that your age should NOT limit what you should be able to do within the community. No matter how young or how old. I have encountered so many amazing and unique people within this community, and the very last thing I judge people on is their age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I really appreaciate you raising awareness. Couldnt agree more! Thanks!

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

I agree, when i was on staff last night I am a community member who was afraid to use his mic because he was a kid and did not want to be judged.  I informed this member that no one will disrespect you and there is many people of your age on the server. I do not tolerate bias behaviors towards younger members. Everyone should be treated fairly and equally.

1 hour ago, Superfruge said:

+SUPPORT

Can't agree more, everyone's the same, everyone is equal. No one should be treated unfairly just because they are younger.

Everyone deserves an equal opportunity no matter what wrong they did before

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

4 hours ago, gamikzone said:

I agree, when i was on staff last night I am a community member who was afraid to use his mic because he was a kid and did not want to be judged.  I informed this member that no one will disrespect you and there is many people of your age on the server. I do not tolerate bias behaviors towards younger members. Everyone should be treated fairly and equally.

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

1 hour ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Very disgusting that some people think it ok to make fun of young people base on age or voices.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

Age shouldnt come into play rank wise on any server. As long as your mature and can act well there are no problems with being younger

Retired Superadmin || Member since 2016

Retired ImperialRP High Command

21 hours ago, Carpenter John said:

Recently, I have witnessed and encountered many occurrences of people being targeted or made fun of due to their age or voice.

This is a problem. I am making this post to enlighten and give confidence to the younger players of Gaminglight. On a daily basis whenever handling minor staff situations and so on, I have people asking for my age and how the hell I got into staff, better yet being a Superadmin. I personally have been able to move past it due to it being such a common occurrence but for others it could be different. The thing I love about this community is that it is getting much better. People are starting to accept each other much more. 

The morale of this post is that your age should NOT limit what you should be able to do within the community. No matter how young or how old. I have encountered so many amazing and unique people within this community, and the very last thing I judge people on is their age.

Being polite is all that matters to me.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:46 PM, Superfruge said:

+SUPPORT

Can't agree more, everyone's the same, everyone is equal. No one should be treated unfairly just because they are younger.

Everyone deserves an equal opportunity no matter what wrong they did before

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, gamikzone said:

21 hours ago, Kim Yo Suk said:

Very disgusting that some people think it ok to make fun of young people base on age or voices.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, Carpenter John said:

Well Said...

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor

People have made fun of me because i'm only 11 and they're like your not old enough to play this game or when I'm president of FBI they get off the job your not old enough and in FBI it was a PA who said that and kept saying that he was my higher-up.

Couldn't agree more, So far every time someone degrads someone because of their age i've took it as player diss or even staff diss (My voice could be a bit deeper if i do say so myself) And something of this matter will not be tolerated.

Lol I used to not want to use my mic for 2 reasons, 

1 I have a decently high pitched voice (like it used to be worse)

2 it’s cheap. 

Then I realized typing was wasting my time and no one cared what I sounded like.