To request help, contact a staff member in-game by type @ (Your Message). Do not spam admin chat, and wait patiently for a staff member to assist you
Staff members have final say in all situations. Reports on unsatisfactory staff performance can be resolved in our staff reports section
.Loopholing is not allowed for any rules. Our rules are server guidelines and are there to be followed as written. No exceptions.
PoliceRP Management includes Manager - Friendly Steve / Head of Staff - Matthew / Head Admins - MyanDaBeast & Joe Mama. Please go to other staff members with issues before contacting any of them.
(Join Our Steam Group!: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GaminglightRP or by typing !steam in-game)
All Government Officials must be on TeamSpeak (ts.gaminglight.com) while playing on the server!
All Crips/Bloods are recommended to be on TeamSpeak (ts.gaminglight.com) while playing on the server!
This server is designed for a mature audience.
Use Common Sense! Act like it is real life. If you wouldn't do something in real life, don't do it here!
- No RDM
- No RDA
- NLR (New life rule) is 3 minutes. Do not return to the place of death for that duration and you forget everything from your past life (including how you died and who killed you).
- No Metagame (using information that would not realistically be available to your character)
- No major crimes during a PD/FBI meeting (UNLESS the highest PD/FBI Command is on AND all tactical unit command that are on have agreed to it.)
**Major crimes counts as the following - Hostage taking, Kidnapping. Bank raid, General store raid, PD Raid, Presidential Assassination, Money Silo***
- Do not impersonate whitelisted members, staff, and other players.
- No Disrespect/Racism/Inappropriate or offensive content (In anyway shape or form)
- No Glitching/Hacking/Cheating
- No Mic/Horn Spam/Voice changers
- Fear RP is in effect - respond to situations like you would in real life. For example, if someone pulls a gun on you and you are unarmed, you must follow their commands.
- No Fail RP
- Protesting may be done peacefully, but no weapons or violence is allowed
- No prop abuse (Pushing, climbing, blocking, etc.)
- You cannot take over places. If you raid a place, you must leave after you have accomplished your goal. Do NOT stay to prevent people from returning for an extended period of time.
- If EMS is online, you may not respawn if you were killed during a criminal activity/situation of some type (shootout, raid, etc.) Government officials MAY handcuff you as soon as you are revived and may take you to jail.
No /advert Counter (Ex.- Criminal vs. Criminal Bank Raid)
- You can ONLY advert Assist if you are a Family Member (same last name in your RP name) / Or if you are all on Bloods/Crips (Bloods/Crips may NOT work together at all) OR if you have the same RP Job/RP job name.
- Murder and hits may only be done in a secluded place
- No vigilantism - you cannot assist police in their raids and other law enforcement activities.
No crouch/jump bases
- Example of a Crouch Base is shown above
- If you are revived by EMS, than there's no NLR, therefore you remember your past life on what happened. You MUST RP IT OUT THOUGH.
- Gang Members are recommended to be in TeamSpeak, but do NOT have to
- The tow truck as well as other vehicles from the job bundle (bus, taxi, truck) may not be stolen.
- Do not advertise Twitch/YouTube channels without a Manager’s permission.
- Families can't have alliances with other families
- Do not sell Store Credits for money in game
- Don't build during an Active RP Situation
- You may only assassinate/kidnap/raid the President/Vice President when the tax rate is at or above 30% OR if there are 5 or more Secret Service (including C.A.T.). If the person is mid kidnap or etc, you can not just change the taxes/And or have a Secret Service switch off, and then proceed to call the situation false
- You Can't Steal Government Vehicles-at all.
- Paramedics are a Neutral Faction (Can't be taken Hostage, Vehicles stolen, etc.)
- Suicide/threatening to suicide is FailRP/CopBaiting if you Do NOT have a valid reason.
- Weed, printers, and money silos are illegal by default. Weed can be made legal by the President.
- You cannot build in the bank/general store. As a banker, you may build inside the bank but only for RP purposes (waiting area, flowers, etc. - no fading doors or defenses)
- If you are handcuffed, you must comply with the officer. Not doing so can be considered FailRP. If the police officer gets distracted and leaves you alone, you may attempt an escape.
- After changing your name to join a family, you may not assist/help out anyone in that family with any criminal activity for a total of 3 minutes
- You may not kill someone who you are trying to break out of jail or who's in handcuffs, but you are allowed to help them escape by lockpicking their cuffs/cell.
- Cop baiting is not allowed. Cop baiting is intentionally breaking the law or annoying a police officer in an attempt to have them arrest/confront you.
- Do not spam your camera in game (Camera spam)
- All Guns are illegal (except for pistols but they still can't be out in public)
- No Taser rushing
- You may never interrupt training.
- Printers, weed, and money silos are illegal by default. The President can make weed legal.
- Bitminers are always legal. Police cannot destroy them for any reason
- Spike Strips are only to be used by PD Sergeant Major+ or equivalent
- Cops are not allowed to accept bribes..
- Deputy Commissioner+ can arrest for up to 30 minutes if present.
- If someone is wanted (sign above a person’s head) you may AOS/KOS the person. In order to KOS you must warn the criminal at least 3 times to stop moving. If they comply, you must arrest them instead.
- You may arrest criminals after they are revived if they were involved in a criminal situation (Maximum jail time is 8 years).
3 -) Adverting/Yelling
- You must /advert raid
- You must /advert Jailbreak
- When Raiding Bank, you can take over the entire bank. The group of people assisting do not have to stay in the Bank Vault, only the person robbing the bank does. When robbing a general store, however, you must stay inside the general store. You, or anyone involved, cannot leave.
- You cannot close or lock the door of the vault when you are raiding it. The vault door must stay open at all times
You must /advert carjack
- You cannot carjack vehicles that have just been spawned in at any of the dealers
- You must /yell or /advert Murder.
- You can NOT raid PD. You may only raid it when a family member is trapped and needs help escaping.
- You are NOT allowed to /advert false or /advert bind test
- If committing a major crime, everyone must be in the same family or same RP Job Organization and have their names correctly inputted, this does not apply to jailbreaks. Everyone involved must /advert.
4-) Martial Law
- Any civilian/criminal seen with a weapon out can be KOS’d by PD
- PD High Command can activate Martial Law at any time, However, a valid RP reason must be given. Example - Riots, excess violence, out of control gangs, etc.
- Martial Law may only be authorized by PD High Command, it may last up to 30 minutes. Reason for declaring Martial Law must be stated immediately.
5-) Important Timers
- Raids - 5 Minutes/Raid -- 45 Minutes/Same Base
- Kidnaps - 15 Minutes/Kidnap -- 30 Minutes/Same Person
- Assassinations - 15 Minutes/Assasination
- Bank Raids - 15 Minutes/Bank Raid
- Murder - 5 Minutes/Murder -- 30 minutes/Same Person
- Mugging - 5 Minutes/Mug -- 30 minutes/Same Person
- General Store - 15 Minutes/Robbery
- Money Silo - 15 Mintues after completion/failure (Per base)
Gang Rules (Bloods & Crips)
- Bloods and Crips are always at war. This does not mean every time you see each other that you are to shoot each other. You must have a valid RP reason. They may never work together or "team up"
- All gang members are recommended to be in TeamSpeak. (You should be in the Gang Channels and have the same name)
- If you commit a crime, the rest of the gang in that area can be arrested for association.
Disclaimer - Gangs can be changed to Whitelist mode at any point if management feels it is being abused.
Max fading doors (Per Base): 4
- Fading doors must be obvious and visible for the player (just like keypads) They cannot be placed in a way where your player model gets stuck and you are unsure where the door is (placing a pole in the corner as your fading door)
- Max buttons (Per Base): 3
Keypad required for every door with a toggle or 5 secs open time.
- Do not use your numpad to open the door, instead input the code into the keypad or use a button
- Your base cannot force players to crouch/jump
Shooting windows do not count as fading doors.
- Max of 2 shooting windows per base, buttons on shooting windows MUST be toggled and you cannot use your numpad to open it.
- No invisible props
No kill boxes.
- A kill box is when you can trap a player between 2 fading doors and you can shoot at them but they can't shoot back at you.
- For example you are backed up against a wall and can see the players feet, but they cannot see you at all. (This is not allowed)
- You cannot use no collide for defense/entrance purposes.
- You may not prop block raidables.
- All parts of a base must fit at least 2 people back to back and side to side.
Do NOT make bases with small peepholes (otherwise known as head glitching)
- Half of your body MUST be shown if you are shooting over an object (Barriers, Props, etc.). This is an effect for shooting windows as well.
Whiteout/Blackout and Underwater bases are not allowed.
- If your base is going to be primarily black, the floor must be an opposite color (white).
- Trap bases are not allowed. This is anything that acts as a trap door to trap or damage raiders.
- Keypads must be visible and not hidden. Fake keypads are also not allowed.
- KOS/Building signs MUST BE CLEAR AND CONCISE
Bases may not be raided if there is a building or RP sign.
- Bases with building signs can be prop blocked off. However, they may not be used as hideaways for criminals. They may also not contain any type of raidables.
- RP Only buildings are designed for peaceful RP scenarios. No raidables are allowed here, thus they are also not allowed to be raided.
- Maze bases are NOT allowed. The path through the base’s defenses must be obvious and accessible.
- Text signs must be large and easily seen (80+ text size).
- World Glow is not allowed.
- Roof bases are not allowed unless the building's roof has a built in access point.
- Every bases' property line stops where the sidewalk/map road/fense starts. You may not extend your base or a KOS sign beyond your property line.
You may not combine one way props and a non one way prop (Fence and gates) in order to see and shoot players at the same time (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1490478705)
- Maximum of 5 one way props per base.
- Bases may not be built across spawn, near the hospital and near the elevator shaft outside of spawn.
- Do not make any bases or props that block or disallow access to an NPC.
- Bases must not strain the eyes. This means no flashing props or bright colors.
- A sky base is not allowed. A sky base is a base that is taller than the prop tube1x1x8.
- If you are basing you are only allowed 10 props for the walkway leading into your house. This means players who have the "zig-zag" base design can still set up their base that way, but with limited props. It is up to you to use the longer props that make the players run farther and have shooting platforms above them, or continue to have fences and attempt to shoot at Gov/Criminals. (https://imgur.com/kSNkkaQ)
- Must wait 5 min in between raiding different bases
Jailbreaks may not last longer than 10 minutes
- Must be breaking someone out
- Going into any government base, is considered Cop bait unless you are raiding DOC (Must be adverted)
- You cannot build during any raid
- If the bank raid has 1 minute remaining and there is still a hostage, police can rush in and try to take down the targets.
- You MUST advert (Bank Raid/General Store Raid) if raiding either one
- Must /yell or /advert mug
- Max mug is $5k
- If you successfully mug a person you can not kill them
4-) Kidnapping/Hostage Taking
- Must /yell or /advert kidnap
- If the person has a gun out, you cannot kidnap
- To take a player hostage, there must be at least 10 PD online (This includes SWAT/ARU/SRT/CERT/FBI/Etc.)
- Do not hold anyone longer than 15 minutes
- Restraints are required to kidnap someone (or else it will be considered false hostage)
- Kidnapping in Spawn/AFK People is not allowed
- You may only have one person (kidnapped/hostage) per person.
- Once you rob a store/the bank, you MUST let the hostage(s) go, you can't take him/her away out of the store/bank
Ransom Prices THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED BY ALL CRIMINALS
- Civilian - $5,000
- Officer - $10,000
- Senior Officer / Corporal - $20,000
- Sergeant - $30,000
- Master Sergeant/ Sergeant Major- $50,000
- Lieutenant - $60,000
- Captain - $70,000
- Major - $80,000
- Colonel - $90,000
- Assistant / Deputy Chief - $100,000
- Chief of Police (or Department heads) - $125,000
- Deputy Commissioner - $150,000
- Commissioner - $200,000
5-) Priority Rules
- Criminals must have a VALID reason to run from Police. This includes but is not limited to
- Having a warrant for shooting at government
- Your vehicle being wanted in a prior pursuit
- Your life is threatened by an officer
Criminals must have a VALID reason to shoot at police. This includes but is not limited to
- Having a warrant for shooting at government
- Your vehicle being wanted in a prior pursuit
- Your life is threatened by an officer
Criminals may not engage in harmful and or felony acts for the following reasons
- Merely being stopped for a traffic violation
- An officer giving you a ticket
- An officer bumping your vehicle
- Any player merely coming up to you and speaking with you
- These rules apply to player interaction as well. Do NOT randomly shoot players for stupid and or playful acts
- RP situations out. Warnings will be handed out for breaking RP if priority situations are brought up without proper reason
- Listen to your superiors
- Corrupt cops are NOT allowed,
- You may go off the "wanted sign" above the criminal's head (You may AOS/KOS the person) To KOS the person, you need to warn the person 3 times to stop moving, if they comply you have to arrest them (Actually RP it out)
- You must be a Qualified Trainer to train police. This is Sergeant+
- Follow the guidelines on vehicles - https://gaminglight.com/forums/index.php?/forum/91-police/
- During a Bank raid/hostage situation, you are to respond to the area code 3 and secure the roads to stop vehicles passing and wait for SRT/ARU/S.W.A.T to arrive on a scene and give orders.
- You are NOT to deal with Bank Raids or Hostage Situations unless there is no S.W.A.T/ARU/SRT online.. (The Highest ranking officer on Scene takes control).ARU/SRT to stand down they must comply.
- Any Semi Truck that is in a pursuit can be declared lethal instantly. (Command does not need to approve)
- You may Patrol as S.W.A.T but cannot perform traffic stops. You may only conduct traffic stops if you have seen the person with a weapon out.
- You can call the pursuit to a stop and take over lead unit if the subject is declared Code Red or has Shot/Pulled a weapon at another Officer or Citizen
- You can deal with Bank Raids and Hostage Situations.
- FBI may do illegal things while undercover to gain criminals trust but may not murder, release from jail, or take drugs/Evidence.
- To get into the FBI, you must be a VIP+ (this means you may get FBI Prob.)
- FBI may not base with the same person within 15 minutes of catching/being caught in the act of basing undercover
4-) State Trooper
- Performs mostly traffic stops and violations
- You are to mainly stay on the outskirts of Rockford
- ALE is for Raids and if given permission can attend Bank Robberies
- You must have a State Trooper Skin on your car at all times unless you have permission from the Command Officer.
- You must wait until the area is code 4.
- Wait for permission to move into a situation that had a recent shootout.
- No combat healing/reviving.
- Never move into a bank raid, hostage situation, general store robbery, etc. unless given permission by the highest government official on scene. It is your responsibility to not enter dangerous situations.
Other Job Rules
1-) President/Vice President
- You do NOT control the PD, So don’t order them around.
- You can own a house but must have protection. You can ask the FBI to protect you, But they don’t have to.
- You cannot Raid or Commit Crime.
You can only have pistols and shotguns.
- You can only make Weed legal, and this has to be on the Law Board, Money silos and printers cannot be made legal.
- SWAT /SRT/ he right to protect the President (only if they have permission from ta command member in that department
- The President can only have official government employees protecting him.
- As Vice President, your job is to work with the President not against him
- *If there are 3+ SS currently active, the president can be assassinated regardless of tax amounts
- You can only have a pistol for self-defense.!
- You cannot commit a crime while in these classes.
- Your job is to help people get out of jail, So RP situations out!
- The judge cannot deal with a friend or individual they know this is classed as Fail RP. Your judge whitelist will be removed.
- The judge must have a valid reason RP reason for setting someone free from jail.
If someone is not coming to a trial, you must advert a warning toward them 3 times prior to dismissing the case.
- Adverts must be at least two minutes apart.
- You cannot accept bribes. However, you can charge people 25k for a court case and for you to Defend/Prosecute a person. Court cases can cost up to 75k.
3-) Gun Dealer/Advanced Gun Dealer/whitw Market Dealer
- Cannot raid
- Can not commit major crime (Ex. A jailbreak)
- Must have a shop
- You may have bitminers, weed and printers
Can self-supply when actively running a shop.
- Changing jobs to purchase guns then switching back is an example of self-supply that is disallowed.
- Can only base with other dealers.
- Hits must have a valid reason - random hits are not allowed.
- You must /advert when a hit is accepted and completed.
- You may not carry out a hit on a government official in front of other government officials or when they are in their base.
5-) Tow Truck Driver
- Any vehicle parked illegally can be towed (roadways, sidewalks, etc.)
- You are a neutral class and are not allowed to carry any weapons.
- You may not kill a tow truck driver just because they are towing your car. RP the situation out.
- You must RP you latching the car onto the truck before pulling away.
- Latching moving cars is not allowed.
- You may not tow emergency vehicles that are illegally parked. Call 911 instead.
- Do not use your tow truck as a ramming device.
- You may not tow a vehicle that has someone in it.
- If you have impounded a car, you may set a price to release the vehicle back to the owner. The max price is $5,000
- You must stay inside of the jail while playing as an inmate. If a jailbreak occurs, you are allowed to leave.
- Props are allowed inside of your cell, but you are limited to 5 props per cell.
- Killing DOC/Police outside of a jailbreak is not allowed.
- Inmate does not give you an excuse to micspam or minge in the DOC.
- Treat the job as real life and do not ruin it for others.
- Prison riots can be held once every hour. This is the only time where you are allowed to use the knife unless you are involved in a jailbreak.
- Hobos may build outside but you are not allowed to build on the roads.
- Hobos cannot block off any buildings with props and cannot stop the access for anyone on a roadway.
- Hobos may micspam music and music only. You must be stationary to play music. You are not allowed to micspam outside of buildings to annoy the inhabitants.
- Hobos may only own pistols and melee weapons.
- Hobos can mug.
- Hobos cannot be mugged.
8-) Drug Dealer
- Cannot raid.
- Can not commit major crime (Ex. A Bank Raid).
- Must have a shop to sell goods.
- May have bitminers, weed and or printers when shop is up.
- Can only self-supply when actively running a shop.
- Changing jobs to purchase drugs then switching back is an example of self-supply. This is not allowed.
- Can only base with other dealers (Ex. Gun/Adv Gun/Black Market/Drug Dealers).
- Legal drugs are Asprin, Cigarettes, Alcohol and Water
- Illegal drugs are Cocaine, Marijuana (Unless legalized by the President), Meth, Heroin, LSD, Mushrooms
Can Be Edited at any time - By clicking close, you agree to these rules!