Welcome to Gaminglight
Sign in with Steam for quick access to our website!
  • Announcements

• Applying for Staff   04/27/2016

Use the format at http://gaminglight.com/main/index.php?/topic/5-staff-application-format/
    • Crashing when joining our servers?   07/29/2016

Watch this video! https://youtu.be/309hte1dno8 and https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/discussions/1/617328415073613954/

Updates Coming to MethRP

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As most of you know MethRP has not been doing well at all recently and starting on the 5th I am going to be doing all I can to get it back on its feet. I am coming to you guys for suggestions and below I will detail what I am looking for and if you guys have any seen any addons that might fit what we need feel free to post them. 

Future Plans

SeriousRP

• We are going to make the server into a pretty seriousrp server. We might even require that people apply to play on the server almost like SantosRP but not as serious.

Features that we are adding

• Auction House for players - Still haven't found an addon for this. Might have to be custom coded.
  • No HUD - We plan on having no hud to make it more serious. We will have a feature so that you can inspect yourself and see everything you need to know.
  • Advanced Injury System - Still haven't found an addon for this. We want players to have different damages for body parts and certain effects for getting shot different places.
    • Shot in leg = walk slower
    • Shot in arm = aim is off 
    • Stuff like that
  • Adding in a Bank system where players can keep their money 
    • When you die you lose everything in your wallet
  • Crafting Mod 
  • Clothing Mod
    • Clothes give you some extra traits
  • More ways of making money
  • Probably require people to go to a NPC to become a job instead of the F4 menu
  • LOTS of new cars
    • All will be based on real life prices of that car
  • Reset of money to try and fix the economy
    • Changing prices of everything
  • Maybe a talent tree system
  • GSpeak (requires players to be in TS at all times of play)

These are all not final it is just some brainstorming that we have came up with. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Posted · Report post

HUGE +SUPPORT

This is what we need its practically Santos RP and its going to be great. Love the idea zeeptin

Posted · Report post

+Support

Posted · Report post

+Support

This is a much needed change and I will it will help bring players and staff like myself back to the server as I never got on because it was never populated and always had 0 players in it whenever i got on g-mod.

Also zeeptin what is going to happen to all the players like myself who had custom classes on the server because i had 2 with both having alot of money in them.

Posted · Report post

What if we bought vip+ for methrp will it switch over to the new server?

Posted · Report post

What if we bought vip+ for methrp will it switch over to the new server?

Yes

+Support

This is a much needed change and I will it will help bring players and staff like myself back to the server as I never got on because it was never populated and always had 0 players in it whenever i got on g-mod.

Also zeeptin what is going to happen to all the players like myself who had custom classes on the server because i had 2 with both having alot of money in them.

I am not sure yet. We can discuss it though.

Posted · Report post

This sounds awesome! I prefer casual gameplay but I feel that this is a good change for the server.