Welcome to Gaminglight
Sign in with Steam for quick access to our website!
  • Announcements

• Applying for Staff   04/27/2016

Use the format at http://gaminglight.com/main/index.php?/topic/5-staff-application-format/
    • Crashing when joining our servers?   07/29/2016

Watch this video! https://youtu.be/309hte1dno8 and https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/discussions/1/617328415073613954/

Crashing

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Getting rid of the music helped! Um, it now hangs downloading a dark rp prop, then goes to sending client info and hangs there, then crashes and about half the time it gives me a lua panic not enough memory

Posted · Report post

Yea I wish I could help but I don't really have such a specialty in crash diagnostics. I haven't changed much on the server so maybe look at some stuff that might of changed on your computer.

Posted · Report post

Hmm, yeah I don't know. It's getting ridiculous. Wonder if Direct X has anything to do with it. A while back like a year ago, similar issue where I was on Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 8 and for some reason or another when I tried joining servers it would crash, but I later diagnosed it with downgrading to Windows 7 and no issues.

But whats weird, why would I be playing on the server with Windows 10 for some time and then all of a sudden for past month or so start crashing. I just cannot figure it.

Might be something like that

Posted · Report post

just get rid of the song personaly i love the server almost 1 full weeks time on it love people most staff know me and took me under their arm this is my first and only rp server ill ever play on and i just was trying to do whats best for the server i did not mean to attack you sir zeep i truelly did not hopefully you did not take me as insulting you i know your jobs hard enough and a scrub like me shouldnt bother you i only praise h20 because he always looks out for me and other players he isnt cruel he doesnt perma ban for no reason. I was sad when shaun got demoted and left the server because he had to spend time with him grandma before she has to you know but i understood im looking forward to applying idk where to or how much time i respect everyone i meet and i respect you for giveing us feed back sir.

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna try some other Windows versions and see what happens.

Posted · Report post

@Zeeptin im having the same issue asa @H2O so i dont think its a one person thing. maybe other people who are not in the forums are havign the same issue.

Posted · Report post

@Zeeptin im having the same issue asa @H2O so i dont think its a one person thing. maybe other people who are not in the forums are havign the same issue.

Correct, I know it's not just me. At the very least I have extra computers & software stuff to try things out...

I got your message Cubone here on the forums, I sent a friend request on steam. 

So so here's the deal, I installed Windows 8 x64 Professional & I am able to join the server. But windows 10 will just crash while in the server or when joining. It's gotta be Directx 12 being a pain in the ass. Directx 11 is with Windows 8 from what I can understand. With direct x 12 being used at the time, using launch settings (-dxlevel) do not work, or at the very least for me. 

Tried windows 7 as well & no issue joining. 

With Mac OS idk

Posted · Report post

Yea sorry I am not much of help but I have tried everything that I could think of to fix it. If any of you guys think you know what it could be I am more than willing to test a fix.

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, now the server is half ass'ing and letting windows 10 load in. Hmm... Something with a addon or several with direct x physics do not go well together

Edited by H2O

Posted · Report post

We already removed the song from the load in screen 

THANK you so much it so faster now thanks sir 

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, now the server is half ass'ing and letting windows 10 load in. Hmm... Something with a addon or several with direct x physics do not go well together

Possibly any sort of custom UI the server is using? I know I've experienced similar issues in MethRP.

(Could be anything like a F4 Menu... Possibly some sort of stream service, like Stream radio, playing something? I have a strong feeling Awesomium is at work here.)

Edit: This is the only server my Memory spikes up to 2800+ Mb/s, any other is -600. Very interesting, and weird. :/

Edited by Ruffian

Posted · Report post

Possibly any sort of custom UI the server is using? I know I've experienced similar issues in MethRP.

(Could be anything like a F4 Menu... Possibly some sort of stream service, like Stream radio, playing something? I have a strong feeling Awesomium is at work here.)

Edit: This is the only server my Memory spikes up to 2800+ Mb/s, any other is -600. Very interesting, and weird. :/

Hmm maybe

Posted · Report post

Well. I don't have a spare copy of Windows 7.

I guess that's it for me :(