Welcome to Gaminglight
Sign in with Steam for quick access to our website!
  • Announcements

• Applying for Staff   04/27/2016

Use the format at http://gaminglight.com/main/index.php?/topic/5-staff-application-format/
    • Crashing when joining our servers?   07/29/2016

Watch this video! https://youtu.be/309hte1dno8 and https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/discussions/1/617328415073613954/

Crashing

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Last few days since Zeeptin did some changes, I've continued to still crash. I've cleared out my downloads folders, unsubscribed from all addons, go into the server & still without any luck continue to crash...

Even going into the game & doing this  gmod>options>multiplayer>only download map files doesn't work anymore. 

I've tried reinstalling the game, restarting my PC & yet nothing resolves the crashing. Earlier today I crashed 4 times all within 30 mins. 

Any help would be appreciated, H20

Posted · Report post

Same getting a crash where garry's mod just completely crashes  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does the game give you an error message or just completely crash with no message?

EDIT: Also does the game crash on startup or when you are joining the server?

Edited by Mark Nutt
additional information

Posted · Report post

Doesn't crash on startup or joining server. Just happens while in the server. No message, crashes with absolutely nothing

Posted · Report post

I would recommend recording your gameplay so I can try and figure out when you crash. Also when recording type net_graph 4 in console so I can see a little more information.

Alright, I will give that a try tonight Zeeptin.

EDIT: I will post links here as well.

Edited by H2O

Posted · Report post

same i like h2

i crash at the worse possible time ever please fix

Posted · Report post

Well Valkyrie tried the ban thing and that didn't work.

JackMerricks suggested doing this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and deleting the whole game and seeing what happens, well after doing that and reinstalling that way, I am now crashing at the "sending client info" part instead of random crashes while in game.

If you'd like I can post crash logs for that too and video.

Posted · Report post

This just happened! Gmod just gave me the first message yet from the crashing, "Lua Panic, Not Enough Memory" Hmm..?

Posted · Report post

Well after all the re-installs of Garrys mod, still no luck. Joining other servers now will let me join but PD RP, just stuck at the Sending Client Info part ;(

Posted · Report post

Ok so I have gotten some where with joining, now if there's less than 20 people on it will let me on, but more than that it crashes or hangs/crash at the sending client info part. Um this is weird, I'm really starting to think its my RAM(memory). Also tried the -dxlevel thingy again today with variable numbers and that hardly helped.

Posted · Report post

I have the SAME Thing!

Jeez, seems like quite a few are coming up with this issue further more since last update or two. Possibly the new doors that were implemented in last update? Not sure what to do with not being able to get on regularly as a staff member. I guess until its fixed ;(

Posted · Report post

What new doors? 

The ones that were just implemented, they fall off of building's and fly all over.

Ask Valkyrie about the other things that you can do to the doors too.

Previously they did not fall off when opening or closing. If no new doors were put in place, at the least were they updated in last update or something that was added or removed that causes this that coincides with the entity?

I didn't start crashing really bad until the recent update that was implemented...

Posted · Report post

The ones that were just implemented, they fall off of building's and fly all over.

Ask Valkyrie about the other things that you can do to the doors too.

Previously they did not fall off when opening or closing. If no new doors were put in place, at the least were they updated in last update or something that was added or removed that causes this that coincides with the entity?

I didn't start crashing really bad until the recent update that was implemented...

I REALLY HOPE THIS GETS FIXED.

I've tried to get on PoliceRP for the last week or so, and I can't. It's SUPER annoying, I can't play my favorite server! @Zeeptin please undo whatever you did so I can join. I have 8gb DDR3 Ram, and I can run Elite:Dangerous with my CPU and GraphicsCard, please fix!

Posted · Report post

I REALLY HOPE THIS GETS FIXED.

I've tried to get on PoliceRP for the last week or so, and I can't. It's SUPER annoying, I can't play my favorite server! @Zeeptin please undo whatever you did so I can join. I have 8gb DDR3 Ram, and I can run Elite:Dangerous with my CPU and GraphicsCard, please fix!

Hope so, I'm getting tired of it that's for sure

Posted · Report post

Hope so, I'm getting tired of it that's for sure

There was no update to the doors nor was there an update that would cause additional crashing. My only suggestion would be to get a better computer.

I used a custom FPS config and i have 0 problems and got 30+ fps but the NPC`s don`t have eyes..... they don`t have eyes. 

fpsboost.cfg If anyone wants its. You must put this in your game files Steam>Common>Steam Apps>GarrysMod>garrysmod>cfg Then paste it in and restart your game.

When you start your game open up console and type exec fpsboost

I hope it helps anyone with the crashing problems :D

fpsboost.cfg

@H2O @Zeeptin

Edited by ButterZZ
Adding people in the @

Posted · Report post

I used a custom FPS config and i have 0 problems and got 30+ fps but the NPC`s don`t have eyes..... they don`t have eyes. 

fpsboost.cfg If anyone wants its. You must put this in your game files Steam>Common>Steam Apps>GarrysMod>garrysmod>cfg Then paste it in and restart your game.

fpsboost.cfg

@H2O @Zeeptin

I'll try it out when I get home. Hopefully it works, I can run 50+ FPS when I can JOIN the friggin' server. My problem is joining and not crashing.

There was no update to the doors nor was there an update that would cause additional crashing. My only suggestion would be to get a better computer.

What puzzles me the most, is I just built this computer. It's brand spanking new ;(

1060 graphics, 860k processor, & 8GB of ram. The only thing I can figure is to try upgrading ram to 16GB or something.

fpsboost.cfg

@H2O @Zeeptin

I'll give that a try

Edited by H2O