Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disable Killfeed

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know if this can be done but what I think we should do is find a way to disable the killfeed so that people can actually be stealthy in game.

What happens now is that if a team tries to breach say vault, and try using suppressors to go as unnoticed as possible, the second they kill someone the whole enemy team is alerted to their presence. And before someone says "Oh this is meta gaming its already banned", lets be honest, we all do it. This is a great nuisance and a huge reason why most people don't even bother using suppressors. This edit would:

A) Encourage more stealthy gameplay

B) Make Taliban terrors more threatening since you don't know if someone's already in your base killing people

C) Encourage comms use more for callouts 

Posted

+ support 

I agree with post 

Posted

+support

even though im not sure how to get a suppressor

Posted

-support

I don’t believe we enforce or even have rules on metagaming since its semi serious. Besides, people will use the radio to say the same thing. Also - no one uses suppressors with the current weapons :p

Posted

+Support

I like the idea

I also like using suppressors

Posted

+ support 

I agree with post 

Posted

+Support

I like the idea

I also like using suppressors

+ support 

I agree with post 

^

Posted

-Support 

Then Who Will See The Feeeeeeeds

What Will Tali Do Then

Posted

-Support

Posted

-Support

Thought this was a Military RP, not a Solid Snake RP. No reason to encourage Stealth via reducing Meta Gaming. People will still talk over radio if they die.

And most people do not bother with suppressors due to the fact they make most guns pea shooters. If you get "snuck" up on by someone with a suppressor, the TTK on that gun is easily over 2 seconds and the player has enough time to react with their unsuppressed gun.

Posted

-Support 

Then Who Will See The Feeeeeeeds

What Will Tali Do Then

-Support

Thought this was a Military RP, not a Solid Snake RP. No reason to encourage Stealth via reducing Meta Gaming. People will still talk over radio if they die.

And most people do not bother with suppressors due to the fact they make most guns pea shooters. If you get "snuck" up on by someone with a suppressor, the TTK on that gun is easily over 2 seconds and the player has enough time to react with their unsuppressed gun.

-Support

Posted

-Support

Posted

+/- Neutral Support

Most of the time players are either in Teamspeak or on comms in game. If someone was attempting to be stealthy with kills direct communication would be made via voice. I don't believe removing the kill feed would change anything.

~Colt45

Posted

-Support

Posted

-Support

^^^ -Support