• Announcements

• Crashing when joining our servers?   07/29/2016

Watch this video! https://youtu.be/309hte1dno8 and https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/discussions/1/617328415073613954/
    • Seeing errors on our servers?   05/14/2017

Options>Other>Allow all custom files from server
    • Graphic Design Partnership with Brudr   05/31/2017

New amazing forum theme and tags are done by our man, Brudr (http://steamcommunity.com/id/brudrbear)! Feel free to add him to get any design, animation, or web design work done! He cut us a great deal, and we can vouch that he is fantastic at his craft!

Duke false warn appeal

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Topic Title

Duke - False Warn Report

Questions

Your In-game: RN VCMDR MPO Speedy Valvano

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:148227352

The admin's name in-game:USN ENS MP Duke

The admin's steam name (If you know it): N/A

What warning did you receive: Attempted TK

Why do you think this warn was false: I was messing with 2 friends in TS. I didn't think it would matter. I see higher ups screw with people all the time they are buddies with, so I thought no big deal. Obviously it was a big deal as I got warned and I am here trying to get this removed so I can have a clean record of 0 warns.

Any extra information:

Posted

While he did shoot us as a "joke" I forgive him he just needs to stop

Posted

+/- Support

You might have been playing around, but Duke was just doing his job as a staff member. Just because you see others break the rules it does not mean you are allowed to!

Posted

+/- Support

You might have been playing around, but Duke was just doing his job as a staff member. Just because you see others break the rules it does not mean you are allowed to!

I am aware. This is entirely my fault and duke was doing his job. I was just messing with Adam, why I made this. This was not meant to be against duke.

Posted

I am aware. This is entirely my fault and duke was doing his job. I was just messing with Adam, why I made this. This was not meant to be against duke.

Okay but a warn is not going to be removed just because you were playing around and did not mean it. If you broke a rule, and there is no legitimate reason as to why it should be removed then it stays.

Posted

Okay but a warn is not going to be removed just because you were playing around and did not mean it. If you broke a rule, and there is no legitimate reason as to why it should be removed then it stays.

The legitimate reason is the person who called the admin found time in their day and said they forgave me on this topic. On the server if someone does something against you they get to pick if they "press charges" and Adam proved on this topic he is not.

Posted

+support if he was just joking around with someone and they verified it how did this end up to be a warn in the first place i mean yea your broke the rule of TK but if every higher up that TK or attempted TK would be banned by now dont get me wrong its not okay and speedy knows better but there friends joking around. In the end  i don't believe this should have been a warn because speedy was just joking around with his friend he stated in this thread he forgives him it just needs to stop plus in the staff hand book it states you dont need to warn for everything a simple hey dont do that could have been just fine in this situation considering we know speedy isnt a minge here to TK and destroy the server 

Posted

+support if he was just joking around with someone and they verified it how did this end up to be a warn in the first place i mean yea your broke the rule of TK but if every higher up that TK or attempted TK would be banned by now dont get me wrong its not okay and speedy knows better but there friends joking around. In the end  i don't believe this should have been a warn because speedy was just joking around with his friend he stated in this thread he forgives him it just needs to stop plus in the staff hand book it states you dont need to warn for everything a simple hey dont do that could have been just fine in this situation considering we know speedy isnt a minge here to TK and destroy the server 

'

Posted (edited)

+support

Murder is an okay thing to do if it's consensual :)

Edited by GamerGuy

Posted (edited)

So basically this isn't a false warn but it is a warn you wish to be removed as it was more for a joke, even though the reasons were legit?

This isn't a -Support but more of a clarification on the topic... is this correct?

Edited by Link

Posted

So basically this isn't a false warn but it is a warn you wish to be removed as it was more for a joke, even though the reasons were legit?

This isn't a -Support but more of a clarification on the topic... is this correct?

Correct. It isnt a "false warn", just 3 friends screwing around. The friend who called the admin came here and said he forgave me. So basically he wasnt going to have me warned, but I am not sure if Duke was aware of that.

Posted

+Support if it was a joke I don't think it should be a warn. Plus Speedy doesn't normally teamkill he usually sticks to killing my Privates

Posted

+Support

I plus supported for the warn to be removed because of the light hearted nature of the situation. As said above Duke was doing his job, but as a seriousRP you should be careful of your actions because you can't control how other people will react.

~Colt45

Posted

+Support

I plus supported for the warn to be removed because of the light hearted nature of the situation. As said above Duke was doing his job, but as a seriousRP you should be careful of your actions because you can't control how other people will react.

~Colt45

^^^^

Posted

+Support

~Colt45

^^^^^^^

Posted

-Support

Military RP is not a place where you can just mess around with your friends, just because both of you may have been alright with it doesn't mean it's allowed on the server.  The staff team is trying to make MilitaryRP a more serious rp server and "messing around" will not be alright because it sets a bad example for other players and can possibly undo the staff team's efforts to make a completely serious rp server.

Posted

-Support

Military RP is not a place where you can just mess around with your friends, just because both of you may have been alright with it doesn't mean it's allowed on the server.  The staff team is trying to make MilitaryRP more serious and "messing around" will not be alright because it sets a bad example for other players and can possibly undo the staff team's efforts to make a completely serious rp server.

What he said.

Posted

-Support

Military RP is not a place where you can just mess around with your friends, just because both of you may have been alright with it doesn't mean it's allowed on the server.  The staff team is trying to make MilitaryRP a more serious rp server and "messing around" will not be alright because it sets a bad example for other players and can possibly undo the staff team's efforts to make a completely serious rp server.

I appreciate the fact it is trying to become SeriousRP, but when you see your BG and other higher ups doing similar things, you do not expect a double standard. That is not an attack, just I would expect in free time the ability to screw around, especially when THE SAME STAFF TEAM is doing the same.

Posted

I appreciate the fact it is trying to become SeriousRP, but when you see your BG and other higher ups doing similar things, you do not expect a double standard. That is not an attack, just I would expect in free time the ability to screw around, especially when THE SAME STAFF TEAM is doing the same.

^^^ he has a point people do it all the time without re precautions to them ( some higher staff and / officers ) some who "baton duel"